Tuesday 5 July 2011

Thursday 2nd June 2011 Péronnes. My birthday – definitely not my favourite one!


Warm and sunny. Mike had left Olly to dress yesterday’s welds after fixing the last of the fuel tank leaks but he went too deep and it was leaking again so he had to re-weld that then there were more welding jobs to do on our boat. He added a loop underneath the bow fender to try and pull it down into shape. Once I got the power back, I carried on wire-brushing round the bows and down the port side. Anne wanted a job to do so volunteered to get the rest of the mussels off the bottom of our boat. They had mussels down the sides of theirs but none underneath. Olly started brushing the sides on Snail. By late afternoon we were getting very tired. I was more than half way down the port side. We washed and changed and both went to sleep. Lit the BBQs and sat out chatting until late, listening for bats using Olly’s bat detector and watching for satellites. 

No comments:

Post a Comment